Saturday, February 14, 2009

Newspaper, diary, letters, phone convos, etc. do you like?

sungnotspoken7 said...
Hey,

My name is Christina and I am a student at Geneseo. I really like how the book has so many different types of writings (newspaper, diary, letter, phone convos, etc.) I feel like it is really effective in grabbing my attention and making me better understand the characters personalities and their relationships with others.

What do you guys think about that? Because of the way it is written, is it more interesting than past books you have read?

10 comments:

  1. Hey Christina,
    I like how the author uses different types of writings. It really helps break the perspective of the novel up. It helps the reader better understand the community and the individual responses of each character to the events in the novel.

    - Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi diz sherna


    I dont like d book pierod.Itz boring and to long.I dont like the way d book iz written and itz smell disgusting...I dont like it and dont want to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christina,

    I,ve read your commment about the writing in the book,I totally agree withyou.In all the books I have read in the past I have never seen them write like the author has written in this book,but i hav read books that kind of take place in a diary of someone's.Especially the times where Andy went to see the therapist.The writing makes the book more life like making one get more into the book.Ok well the book was good and I enjoyed it so peace.

    Sincerly,
    Abrielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tera i like the same thing you like about the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how the book it layed out and how the book tells every thing is placed out.


    michaelle jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Everyone!
    I thought that the set out of the book made it quick and easy to read. I agree with Abrielle, I have read books similar, but not set up quite the same.
    However, sometimes it was hard to figure out who was talking since the dialogue was not always set up well.
    I liked this book though- I liked how they showed a lot of different characters feelings through different ways like homework assignments and everything. it was not just all about Andy, especially at the very end. Talk to ya later!
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    Has anyone heard of the book "Letters from Camp" by Kate Klise? It's a very similar setup, it's told through diary entries, newspaper articles, flyers, etc. I really loved it and this book brought back such good memories of it. I thought it's really engaging and makes it exciting to follow along with, rather than just sticking with a narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey everyone,

    I really like how the book is written. I do not necessarily love to read, but I find this book easy to get through and the newspaper articles, dialogue, and many other forms of writing keep me interested. I also like how the chapters are only a couple pages long. In addtion, by reading the students poems and diary entries we able to see deeper into the thoughts and feelings of the students.

    This book has to be more interesting than others you have read? Right? :)


    ~Krista (Dr. Urso's class)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Everyone,

    I really enjoyed how the book was written because it gives the reader a change of pace. I think when books are written like this it keeps the readers interested and guessing what is coming. By reading the news articles it gives the reader a sense of the book being real. Does anyone agree?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey guys!
    I finished the book. but i actually liked it. i wish it ended differently though. Have a good spring everyone :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete