Hi my name is Krista and I am a SUNY Geneseo student. So far I am really enjoying reading this book. The use of letters, newspaper articles, and dialogue keeps the book very interesting. Andy is in a very tough position. He does have to continue on with his life, but he is dealing with a serious emotional struggle. It is sad to see him put himself down, but with time I think he will feel better. Don't you? And why don't you think Andy and Kiesha will last??
Hey, James! my name is Alyssa and i'm a student at Geneseo. i've kinda been through something like what they talk about in this book. last january one of my best friends died in a car accident. even though i wasn't there I still blamed myself. what if i had tried harder to meet up with Brian the night he died? would he still be alive? could i have set a better example for him?
Even though it doesn't really make much sense, it's a lot easier to blame yourself for the accident than the person you lost, you know? it took a long time for me to realize the accident was not my fault. it will take andy time to realize that too.
what do you think of the book so far? why don't you think andy and keisha will last? do you think she could help andy realize the accident wasn;t his fault?
Hey James. Andy is definetly in a difficult position. I think it would be hard not to blame yourself, but with time I hope he will forgive himself. It seems like Keisha has been a huge help to Andy in dealing with his struggle, but i think you're right about their relationship. He might be leaning too much on her. Relationships go both ways ya know? He doesnt seem to be giving back and she seems to be frusturated. Do you agree? Lauren
Hey James! My name is Kellyn and I'm a student at Geneseo. The crash seems to have put an incredible strain on Andy's entire life, not just his relationship with Keisha. Rob was one of Andy's best friends, and he had a promising future ahead of him.. It must be so hard for Andy to have to live with that reality every day. It is a powerful reminder that no one should get behind the wheel while intoxicated or under the influence of any kind of substance.. Andy's decision changed countless lives of people who knew and loved Rob. I hope that the people in Andy's life, including Keisha, grow to understand how much support Andy needs during this difficult time of his life. Keisha could be a helpful factor in Andy's emotional recovery, and I hope that she is patient and understanding of his feelings.
heylo! I'm Kellie, a student at Geneseo too. I have really enjoyed the book so far, but I don't think Keisha and Andy will last either. its sad because he keeps saying how much she means to him, but Keisha keeps mentioning how much Andy is bothering her. Sucks. How do you think Andy would handle it if they broke up? Do you think Keisha is being to hard on him? Talk to you soon!
Hey I agree with you when you say andy and keisha might not last. I'm willing to bet that this accident is also taking a toll on keisha and that she could use some comforting as well. Andy seems to be a huge burden on her and seems to be preventing her from moving on no matter how hard shes trying to. I think shes going to reach her limit and leave him but who knows..i wonder what that will do to andy if she does? talk to you later! anne
Hi James :) I'm on page 75... so i don't know what exactly happens with Keisha and Andy. I think Keisha is what Andy needs right now. She seems to be a good influence on him and tells him when he is being stupid. I'm afraid that Keisha won't tolerate him much longer. I read this one chapter of Keisha's diary and it seems like she is getting fed up. I know i would be too if i were her. I just hope Andy shapes up before its too late. I can't wait to find out if they stay together...only 110 pages to go :) Do you like the book? I like it cause it has romance and real life problems. I find it fun to read especially when i don't want to do my homework....lol Have a good weekend!!! KELLY
hi,I'm veronica sickler and I loved this book. In the story there relationship did not last, but in the end she says to wait for her in heaven so I guess she still did love him
I don't think the relationship will last. She constantly complains about how she has to pt up with his crying spells and everything that he has to deal with. I think she might break up with him.
To me Keisha and Andy's relationship could have lasted long and well if they really wanted it to. I know that Andy was going through a major crisis with the accident but he was really stressing Keisha out with his selfish ways.
Hi James, I'm a student at Geneseo too. I think it is only natural that Andy is blaming himself. You as a reader see him upset, and maybe feel for him and think he is a good guy so yeah you don't wanna see him upset. Where are you in the book anyways? Why do you think Andy's relationship with Keisha won't last? I see it a bit since the author is giving us glimpses through them hanging out with each other and Andy getting depressed. At least for me I hope they last, but such a tragedy can put a strain on a relationship even if the two people love each other so much.
I feel bad for James' situation, but Keisha was in an impossible situation. Her boyfriend went through a horrible event, and it really changed him. It would be weird if their relationship didn't have some added strain on it. -Matt (from Geneseo)
I understand how Andy must have felt after he broke up with Keisha. Andy was at a really hard time in his life and Keisha was the only person he felt he could open up to or that he thought understood him. It must have been really hard for him to lose the open person he thought cared about him.
Do any of you know someone who broke-up when one of them was going through a rough time?
Hey James my name is Ryan and I have been reading Tears of a Tiger as well. I think that Kiesha and Andy can last but it is just really hard right now because Andy is shutting everyone out of his life. Kiesha could be a great support system for Andy but she just has to keep trying. In times like this girlfriends, friends, and family can be the best thing for Andy even though he isn't responding well to them right now. Hopefully Kiesha keeps trying and maybe her and Andy could last.
Hi my name is Krista and I am a SUNY Geneseo student. So far I am really enjoying reading this book. The use of letters, newspaper articles, and dialogue keeps the book very interesting. Andy is in a very tough position. He does have to continue on with his life, but he is dealing with a serious emotional struggle. It is sad to see him put himself down, but with time I think he will feel better. Don't you? And why don't you think Andy and Kiesha will last??
ReplyDelete~Krista
Hey, James! my name is Alyssa and i'm a student at Geneseo. i've kinda been through something like what they talk about in this book. last january one of my best friends died in a car accident. even though i wasn't there I still blamed myself. what if i had tried harder to meet up with Brian the night he died? would he still be alive? could i have set a better example for him?
ReplyDeleteEven though it doesn't really make much sense, it's a lot easier to blame yourself for the accident than the person you lost, you know? it took a long time for me to realize the accident was not my fault. it will take andy time to realize that too.
what do you think of the book so far? why don't you think andy and keisha will last? do you think she could help andy realize the accident wasn;t his fault?
Hey James. Andy is definetly in a difficult position. I think it would be hard not to blame yourself, but with time I hope he will forgive himself. It seems like Keisha has been a huge help to Andy in dealing with his struggle, but i think you're right about their relationship. He might be leaning too much on her. Relationships go both ways ya know? He doesnt seem to be giving back and she seems to be frusturated. Do you agree?
ReplyDeleteLauren
Hey James!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Kellyn and I'm a student at Geneseo. The crash seems to have put an incredible strain on Andy's entire life, not just his relationship with Keisha. Rob was one of Andy's best friends, and he had a promising future ahead of him.. It must be so hard for Andy to have to live with that reality every day. It is a powerful reminder that no one should get behind the wheel while intoxicated or under the influence of any kind of substance.. Andy's decision changed countless lives of people who knew and loved Rob. I hope that the people in Andy's life, including Keisha, grow to understand how much support Andy needs during this difficult time of his life. Keisha could be a helpful factor in Andy's emotional recovery, and I hope that she is patient and understanding of his feelings.
Keep reading!
-Kellyn
heylo!
ReplyDeleteI'm Kellie, a student at Geneseo too. I have really enjoyed the book so far, but I don't think Keisha and Andy will last either. its sad because he keeps saying how much she means to him, but Keisha keeps mentioning how much Andy is bothering her. Sucks. How do you think Andy would handle it if they broke up? Do you think Keisha is being to hard on him?
Talk to you soon!
Hey
ReplyDeleteI agree with you when you say andy and keisha might not last. I'm willing to bet that this accident is also taking a toll on keisha and that she could use some comforting as well. Andy seems to be a huge burden on her and seems to be preventing her from moving on no matter how hard shes trying to. I think shes going to reach her limit and leave him but who knows..i wonder what that will do to andy if she does?
talk to you later!
anne
Hi James :)
ReplyDeleteI'm on page 75... so i don't know what exactly happens with Keisha and Andy. I think Keisha is what Andy needs right now. She seems to be a good influence on him and tells him when he is being stupid. I'm afraid that Keisha won't tolerate him much longer. I read this one chapter of Keisha's diary and it seems like she is getting fed up. I know i would be too if i were her. I just hope Andy shapes up before its too late. I can't wait to find out if they stay together...only 110 pages to go :) Do you like the book? I like it cause it has romance and real life problems. I find it fun to read especially when i don't want to do my homework....lol
Have a good weekend!!!
KELLY
hi,I'm veronica sickler and I loved this book. In the story there relationship did not last, but in the end she says to wait for her in heaven so I guess she still did love him
ReplyDeletehi my name is bianca
ReplyDeletei dont like the becuse it dont have no fun things in it i dont like how it is writting or how it sound.
Sherna sayz,
ReplyDeleteNo cuz he die...To me it iz hiz fault cuz he was driving and he was not supossed to be drinking...he might feel ghuity but it knid of waz hiz fault.
I don't think the relationship will last. She constantly complains about how she has to pt up with his crying spells and everything that he has to deal with. I think she might break up with him.
ReplyDeleteTo me Keisha and Andy's relationship could have lasted long and well if they really wanted it to. I know that Andy was going through a major crisis with the accident but he was really stressing Keisha out with his selfish ways.
ReplyDeleteHi James,
ReplyDeleteI'm a student at Geneseo too. I think it is only natural that Andy is blaming himself. You as a reader see him upset, and maybe feel for him and think he is a good guy so yeah you don't wanna see him upset. Where are you in the book anyways? Why do you think Andy's relationship with Keisha won't last? I see it a bit since the author is giving us glimpses through them hanging out with each other and Andy getting depressed. At least for me I hope they last, but such a tragedy can put a strain on a relationship even if the two people love each other so much.
~Segan
I feel bad for James' situation, but Keisha was in an impossible situation. Her boyfriend went through a horrible event, and it really changed him. It would be weird if their relationship didn't have some added strain on it.
ReplyDelete-Matt (from Geneseo)
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI understand how Andy must have felt after he broke up with Keisha. Andy was at a really hard time in his life and Keisha was the only person he felt he could open up to or that he thought understood him. It must have been really hard for him to lose the open person he thought cared about him.
Do any of you know someone who broke-up when one of them was going through a rough time?
- Tara
Hey James my name is Ryan and I have been reading Tears of a Tiger as well. I think that Kiesha and Andy can last but it is just really hard right now because Andy is shutting everyone out of his life. Kiesha could be a great support system for Andy but she just has to keep trying. In times like this girlfriends, friends, and family can be the best thing for Andy even though he isn't responding well to them right now. Hopefully Kiesha keeps trying and maybe her and Andy could last.
ReplyDelete-Ryan Stansfield
Hey guys
ReplyDeleteI gotta say, I didn't like the ending. I thought there might be a positive resolution. What did all of you think?
-Matt