Monday, February 9, 2009

Is Andy's life morally reprehensible, if there any way out?

hey you should read this brillant book its about sports and love and all typez of other stuff. this book is about a boy name andy and his 3 bff and and they got into a car accident rob ( andy's best friend) died and now andy's life is a morally reprehensible.
-tanaya

12 comments:

  1. Hey Tanaya!

    My name is Mike Alessandra, I am a student at SUNY Geneseo and am also currently reading Tears of a Tiger. I agree that this book is very good so far. I like it especially because I can relate to it very well. When I was in 10th grade, my best friend Mike was killed in a snowmobile accident. It was very upsetting and I was very depressed and felt very alone for a long time after. But as time went on it became easier to get on with my life. Time can help heal everything and I think with time Andy will be able to start living his life normally again. The pain of losing a best friend will never completly go away. But, one thing I did when I was upset about my friend was think about what he would want. He always had my best interest at heart and I realized that Mike would not want me to be this upset over his death, he would want me to be happy and live my life. If I could give any advice to Andy it would be to think if this is how Rob would want Andy to be. Have you ever dealt with any troubles in your life that help you relate to what Andy is going through?

    Take care and I hope to hear from you again!

    -Mike Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tanaya and Mike!

    My is Debbie Bertlesman and I am student in Dr.Urso's class. I also think that the book is really interesting. In High School one of my friends was killed by a drunk driver, and it is really helpful for me to see how different characters feel about the situation.

    I think Andy has a lot to deal with, and the most important thing for him to do is talk to people and maybe he can even think about how he can help other people in situations that are like his.

    What would you do if you were in Andy's shoes?

    - Debbie Bertlesman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Sad enough to say, I have a story that goes along with the other posts. A high school nearby me faced a tragedy during senior year when five girls were killed when the driver was texting and crashed head-on into a truck. No, it wasn't drunk driving, but it really makes you think about the consequences of one's actions, similar to those in this book.

    If I were Andy, I'd talk to a counselor or someone unbiased to hear the situation out. It would help immensely.

    -Jordan Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I recently just found out one of my friends died, it didn't involve a car crash, but it did involve alcohol and drugs. I feel like I can relate to many of the characters in this book, probably more like Rhonda and other people that weren't associated with the accident, but were close friends with Robbie. It is hard to realize that someone can die so young and so suddenly. I was wondering what you guys thought the outside people felt about the accident? Such as Andy's parents. We hear about how they don't really help out Andy, but what do you think they are thinking while he is going through this? Also, what do you think the teachers are thinking while all of their students are having such a difficult time with this? I feel like their homework assignments have changed from before the accident.

    ~Christina Baurle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys,
    My old high school had a tragedy kind of like this one. A girl was driving to her boyfriend's house and her car hit a tree. It took a long time for the town to recover; alot of people still haven't. The community did their best to help her parents and siblings cope, but things will never be the same. Andy's parent's might have been so shocked that they almost lost their son that they didn't even know how to handle it. Anybody else agree?
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys!
    Reading each other's stories of past tragedies involving car crashes is heart breaking.. It really reminds us that when we are behind the wheel, we are responsible for the lives of everyone in our car, and also need to keep in perspective all the other people on the road. You never know whose lives you could change.. I know a girl who got into a car accident because of her lack of knowledge of defensive driving, and she is still in physical therapy a year later.. Its our responsibility to be prepared on the road!

    Keep reading!
    Kellyn Wahl

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~Al3XIS~

    I think that this is a sad book because it wasn't all andy's fault it wasn't even his fault it was just a bad tradegy that occured. It wasn't none of there fault but it wasn't good that he got behind the wheel while he was drinking and his friends should of stopped him. Through it all i think that it was sad because in the end andy killed himself because he felt guilty like it was his fault. Even though they could of prevented it things happen for a reason. It was very sad and it was the best book i have read so far in the program.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alexis-

    It was really sad that Andy decided to take his life like that- it just seemed like maybe, if Coach Ripley was home, or if Mrs. Montgomery let him talk to Keisha, things could have happened differently. Did you know this book has two more that come after it? I wonder if the main character in the next one will be Monty? That would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry- that was me, chelsea from Dr. Urso's class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey everyone,

    I was wondering what you guys thought about Andy's decision to end his life at the end. Obviously, most of the characters in the end of the book seemed to have strong opinions about it. What do you think you would have done in his case? What would keep you from committing suicide? I know that for me even during times of tragedy I have hobbies and such to keep me from wanting to end my life. Do you think that maybe if Andy would have focused more on basketball and his school work that he could have pulled through? Also, what do you think Monty feels after everything has happened?

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi guys,
    It's Margo from Geneseo. My junior year a boy in the grade ahead of me killed himself. He was funny, smart, cute and friends with everyone. Even though I didn't know him better than to just say hi in the halls, it was rough watching those who knew him well react to what happened. They were angry and sooo sad. No one could understand why he did it or why he didn't ask for help- no one would have ever expected him to have done that. So thats why I sympathize with Andys friends at the end and their anger- I've seen it happen

    ReplyDelete