Hey Reading Teams,
Welcome to your blog. I expect that you will be making it your own by adding posts, and fun extras! Have a blast and good luck discussing the amazing and complex characters in the book.
Susan
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey you should read this brillant book its about sports and love and all typez of other stuff. this book is about a boy name andy and his 3 bff and and they got into a car accident rob ( andy's best friend) died and now andy's life is a morally reprehensible.
ReplyDelete-tanaya
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI started reading my book and I was so into the events that took place.When I first started reading it took me right in because it started right when the car acciident took place.I was surprised,the accident happen so fast.They were just coming from the game,the four boys.He died,Rob died.
Back in school the boys saw others sad or even upset over the accident.Especially Andy,he had support from his basketball couch and now his therapist.His parents are to busy for him.He deels with the pain.
I am now waiting to finish the book and found out more.
P.S Untill next time PEACE.
Sincerly,
Abrielle
i dont like the book.Itz boring.why cant we just read our own boook it would be more intersting.i dont like the book cause its not wat i look for in a book.in a book i look for comedie,excitment book like sharon b flake ect.also cuz the book is to long and not intersting.i dont like this book and dont want read it..
ReplyDeleteWith this book i thought that it started okay but i didnt like how it went in to the next chapter.Althought the book seems very intersting.The characters are very open mineded.Everyone should read this book.
ReplyDelete~zakiya~
the book is really good i never thought i was going to like it but i was wrong.This book has a meanig and a lesson that we all can learn from or relate to.
ReplyDeletethe story was very sad in the beginning of the book but i didnt finish it
ReplyDeletemichaelle jones
I think that this book is really intresting. At the begining the book is boring but it starts to get good.
ReplyDeleteJesus Kilgore
the boys were drinking after the game because they had a big win in the game they got drunk and crashed into a wall on the high way most of them got out but one died he burned in the car when it blew up the cops interrogated the boy and he started to pray then he said he was going to go to church next sunday.the book used slag from the 80`s. Jose Rodriguez
ReplyDeleteHi my name is krystal. I like this book because it tells what really goes on in a story and also it graps what a readers attention. This book doesnt really compare with all the other books tghis book has favor and gets the attention of people. In the book i felt really bad that they could't help Andy out.
ReplyDelete-Krystal
the book tears of the tiger is a boring book i read 7pages of it didnt have any details or pictures and no information to the story it is not intrested in me and it dont have no color to it it is not funny at allll
ReplyDeletebye Bianca,
the book was really intresting. At the beging it is boring but it starts to get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good. At the beging it's sad. Jesus Kilgore
ReplyDeleteIn the book tears of a tiger the first chapter thay had a game and when it was over they went to drink after and they were in car accident and any was driving well im hope more will happen in the next chapter. ~marco polo~ Marcus
ReplyDeleteThe book was one of the most exiciting books I've ever read.It reminds of remember the titans when the kid hit in a car acccident.It reminded of when gerry bertier got hit in the car accident.I will enjoy reading the rest of it.
ReplyDeleteI dont like how Andy is blamimg him self about Robs death but he was driving.Idont think andy and Kiesha will last. James.
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Jordan and I'm a student in Dr. Urso's class at SUNY Geneseo. I'm reading the book too, and I was wondering if any of you planning on going to the big leagues and playing NBA basketball? And also, have any of you guys heard about or experienced a tragedy like the one in the first chapter?
Hey,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Christina and I am a student at Geneseo. I really like how the book has so many different types of writings (newspaper, diary, letter, phone convos, etc.) I feel like it is really effective in grabbing my attention and making me better understand the characters personalities and their relationships with others.
What do you guys think about that? Because of the way it is written, is it more interesting than past books you have read?
Fantastic
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteMy name is andriaunie and i am reading the book called tears of a tiger and so far i really enjoy it i've read the book three times before i also read the rest of the series.The author of this book did a very well job writing this book because the characters in this book are very well descibed and they make me feel like i can connect to them.My favorite character is Andy because i feel bad for him,and at times i feel i can really relate to him.
I think that Andrew should not be blaming his self because of Roberts death.
ReplyDeletehe should of not killed his self because of stress i dont think running away from life is good.
when i first heard of this book it didnt sound like something i would like to read. but after reading the first couple chapters i really enjoys it. this book really can grabs a readers attention. i love it
ReplyDeletefrom asha
I finished the book on monday and I dont no why Andy would go to the psychiatrist if he was going to kill himself.Now everybody at his school has to live with 2 deaths other then 1.
ReplyDeleteI think that Andrew should not be blaming his self because of Roberts death.
ReplyDeletehe should of not killed his self because of stress i dont think running away from life is good.
said by:Alize
The above comment was written by James Barron
ReplyDeleteThe book is ok I isn't as bad as octavian nothing so that good.I like the book because it has action in it,and also because it's interesting and it is not as long as octavian nothing.
ReplyDeleteAntwuan-J-Strozier
I can really relate to tears of a tiger.It's like somethng that will happen now a days. It's really interesting and i will for ward to reading more of it.
ReplyDeleteFrom Johnny Bradley
I like this book. its ok i read it befor and i think that he sould not have kelled he slef for nothing
ReplyDeleteform brianna
Hola me llamo Krystal Crawford,
ReplyDeleteAndy is really traumatizing because he thinks that he should have died instead of Robbie Rob. Rhonda Ron was writting a letter to Sandra San.
the book tears of a tiger is a bout a high schhol basketball player named rob he was the teams center, he lost his life in a fire,the reason that he lost his life was his friends were drive while drunk,then they all got into the same accident but only one of them deid. all his friends were sad and didnt take his death really well, and that was dukes summary
ReplyDeletemarcus
I read about how the car crashed and andy's girlfriend wrote an essay about this incident. I think that the person in the back of the car should have told andy to stop driving because he was drunk. I also think that andy wouldn't have stop driving beacuse it was his car.
ReplyDeleteDemari Webster
Que pasa me llamo trina,
ReplyDeleteI think the book is sad because that robbie died in a car accident because his friend was drinking and he felt like he should of been the one that died instead of his friend.
andy is a cry baby!!! his coach his backbone. jose rodriguez
ReplyDeleteHey, did anyone notice that the book started with a haiku?
ReplyDeleteIn case you don't know, a haiku is a type of poem with three lines. The
first line has 5 syllables, the second like has 7 syllables and the third
line has 5 syllables.
Did you like that? I love haikus and I also like that the book has a whole
bunch of different types of writing. :)
--becky (from Dr. Urso's class)
demari,
ReplyDeletemy name is nicole. i'm a student of dr. urso's. you make some really good points about the book. i definitely agree with you that andy's friend should have told him to stop. i'm sure at the time he didn't think anything bad could happen to them, but you never know. one of andy's friend wasn't drinking with them that night. do you think maybe he should have offered to drive? it's true that it was andy's car, but when he chose to drive, he put all of his friends at risk too. at that point, one of them should have spoken up. if you were in that situation, do you think you would have done it?
let me know what else you think about the book!
-nicole m.
Awewsome
ReplyDeleteGreat job
ReplyDeleteHey Bianca,
ReplyDeleteMy name's Segan, I'm a student at Geneseo. That's too bad that you can't seem to really get into the book. When I first started it was really hard for me as well to get the hang of the author's style of writing. I also didn't really like that fact that the scene of where character's were talking wasn't being written about. I think the author is doing that, where she is mainly writing the conversations, to help show right away how the kids are feeling. Hopefully it will get better for you, even if it isn't your favorite book I hope you can still get something out of it.
Have a good one,
~Seg
Life is tough.
ReplyDeleteOne big thing I got out of this novel is that even though we may not have experienced the same things as Andy, many of us can look at points in our lives where we have been down in the dumps.
Tears of a Tiger makes me think a lot about how tough life can be for teenagers today. It makes me remember times when I relied on my boyfriend like Andy relied on Keisha. It also makes me realize what it is like after he wasn't there for me.
Today might not be the easiest day and I might not be the happiest today, but I think this novel really helps the reader understand that they aren't alone. That there is someone else out there who feels just like you. But more importantly it gives the reader some really good advice. I might not have lost a friend in an accident but I have heard a lot of the advice Andy heard, like "Time heals all wounds" and "It will be a little better tomorrow".
This novel can help teens who might feel confused and sad like Andy realize the value of life. To help them have the courage to take life a day at a time and handle their problems.
- Tara
jose,
ReplyDeletehow far along are you in the book? what do you think about the other characters? if you were in andy's position, how do you think you
would react? i feel really bad for andy because not only did he lose his best friend and teammate, but he also feels responsible for it. i would imagine that it is a big stress on him and am not surprised that he cries about it. i think it might be unhealthy for him not to cry because he would be holding it all in. what do you think?
-nicole m.
Does anybody think that there are better ways for Andy to deal with the death of his best friend? If so, what are some ideas?
ReplyDelete-Mike Alessandra
So I was wondering what people thought about the excerpt from MacBeth. I think that Andy storming out after going over this section in class shows a lot about how he feels about his situation. It seems as though he thinks he relates to MacBeth and his wife. Personally I think both situations are completely different.. Andy is guilty of driving drunk and killing his friend however he did not have any intention of doing so or any motive. For anyone who hasnt read MacBeth it is basically about a man who does whatever he can/kills whoever he needs, in order to get what he wants/become king. By the end of the story guilt eats away at him. I think we can all see that Andy didnt kill Rob for his position on the basketball team and that he shouldnt have to cope with that same guilt.
ReplyDeleteI think that maybe if Andy could have kept a journal and wrote down his feelings, or focused on keeping busy with different things he could have dealt better with the death of Robbie. There are many things that I do to try and move past bad points in my life. What do you guys do to get away from troubles that you are having? What would you have told Andy if you were one of his friends? I am still thinking about what I would do in that case, but I was curious to see what others would do in that situation.
ReplyDelete~Christina
I JUST FINISHED THE BOOK!!!
ReplyDeleteWho else has finished the book???
I just finished it....
i felt connected to the characters and i could understand how each one felt. i really liked this book. who was your favorite character?
I really liked Andy's little brother Monty. He reminded me of my little brother.
have you ever felt alone like Andy did at the end of the book? I have many times but when i do i just snuggle up under the covers and watch a good movie. What do you do when you feel alone?
im going to be honest, i cried at the end of the book. i know i can't be the only one who cried! who else cried when they got to the end? overall i loved the book. it was a fun read and it made me want to read more!!!
LOVED THE BOOK!
KELLY
Hey guys,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to comment on the difference between Andy's convos with his psychologist and his friends in general. Yeah the doctor is there to listen and help him and everything, but I feel that Andy is holding back when it comes to his friends (g/f). Do you think he's doing that on purpose? Do you think him going to the psychologist is helping him even a little?
Later Days,
Seg
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI finished the book and I really liked it overall. It was a good choice. What did you all think of it? Would you have any improvements?
What about as a movie...do you think it has potential?
-Jordan
Hey guys,
ReplyDeleteHas anyone else finished yet? I don't wanna give anything away so I'll just talk about it in general terms. I really liked it. It was a good choice since it, sadly, is relevant to our day and age with the whole drinking, driving, high school situation. It's good to find a book you can relate to so you can be more into it. I hope people enjoyed it!
Later Days,
Seg