Hey,
My name is Jordan and I'm a student in Dr. Urso's class at SUNY Geneseo. I'm reading the book too, and I was wondering if any of you planning on going to the big leagues and playing NBA basketball? And also, have any of you guys heard about or experienced a tragedy like the one in the first chapter?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jordan! I'm Kelly.
ReplyDeleteI am not good at basketball...but i think itd be cool if i could be in the NBA.
I did experience a tragedy like the one in the first chapter.
My friend, Rob, was driving his motorcycle three months ago and he wasn't drinking but when he was going around a curve the back wheel swept out from underneath him and he flung off the cycle and broke his neck on a tree. He passed away sadly. We all miss him and it is really hard trying to get through the death of a young person.
I really feel bad for Andy in the book. He feels responsible for his death and that pain must be so hard to deal with. I really like this book so far. I think its really cool how the book has poems and letters and newspaper clippings in it. What do you think? Do you like the book? What page are you up to? Im on page 23.
I look forward to hearing from you!!!!
-Kelly Folaron :)
Hey Jordan my name's Segan and I'm a student at Geneseo. I am pretty tall for a girl, but can't reall dunk a basket to save my life. My big brother was on his high school and college team back in the day and I enjoyed watching his games but he did it more for fun than to make it in that area. I haven't really ever experienced first hand such a tragedy as the one Andy went through, but in general when driving on the road sometimes I will see those makeshift markers on the side of the road indicating that someone had died in a car accident there. Also, I have heard about some of my classmates getting into accidents and it's always scary. To be in one like Andy was, let alone having a friend die from it, must have been really traumatic. I am curious as to see how he deals with it later on in the book.
ReplyDeleteKeep reading and have a good one!
~Seg